Thursday, June 13, 2013

What a difference a year makes

I was just looking at my other blog (WhatHollyHasSeen) and realized that it has been one year this month since I first looked into getting the lap band surgery.

It took me four months from the time I looked into it first until I was able to complete the classes and doctor visits to actually have the surgery.

I am now 8 months out from having the surgery and down almost 40 pounds. I should be down more but I've been struggling since February when my dad died. I think I am back on track and have joined a gym this month so I should start losing again..in a positive way of thinking at least I have not gained any weight back! :)

It is definitely a commitment you must make, if I don't do the work I won't lose the weight. I can no longer enjoy a pizza, a hamburger, soft pretzels..bread. But I do enjoy looking in the mirror and seeing less of me. Being noticed again and not feeling invisible ...:) and the best is knowing it's only going to get better!

Happy June! I'll try and do a video later , it's been too long and I need to catch up with all of you on youtube that I've been watching your journeys..you are all an inspiration to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment