Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Easy Breakfast Recipe

I was looking around on Pinterest for easy lap band friendly recipes and came across this one.
Here is my version.

Egg White Muffins
Makes 12 muffins (2 eggs each)
Ingredients:
1 carton of egg whites or 24 egg whites.
Options:
Baby spinach
chopped onion
chopped ham
shredded cheese
Directions: 
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Choose ingredients you prefer to use and maybe mix it up, so you have something different every day. chop if necessary.
-Spray pan
-Add chopped ingredients to each cup
-Add 1/3 cup liquid egg whites or 2 egg whites per cup
-Bake for 30 minutes.
-Immediately remove and let cool on a rack. Once cool, place 2 in a ziplock bag with no air to keep them all week in the fridge. In the morning, remove from bag and heat in microwave for 1 minute and Enjoy.





2 comments:

  1. Connie Howell TaylorOctober 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM

    This sounds good, Holly. I think for variation, I would eliminate the spinach and add some finely diced green pepper, maybe some mushrooms and possibly some black olives. They look really good, though, just as they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next time I'll do less spinach and add more cheese . The original recipe had peppers but I'm not a huge fan of them, I do like your idea of mushrooms and black olives thou! Maybe even add some salsa to spice it up!

      Delete