Tuesday, November 6, 2012

11/6/12 Election Day

Happy Election Day! I voted early so I won't have to wait in long lines today. I'll still be a nervous wreck until the results come out and I have a bad feeling that we won't know even at the end of the day today who our next president will be with the mess that Sandy left.

Yesterday I tried steak for the first time since my surgery. We stopped by Ruby Tuesdays on our way home from work after picking up my new glasses at Costco. I ordered steak, spaghetti squash (which I did not eat) and zucchini (I only tried two). I drank water before my meal but did not touch it during even thou my steak was peppery.  I had about half of my steak and brought the rest home. I didn't have any troubles eating...I know from the amount that I was able to eat that I'll need a fill when I go to my first doctors visit. He said I might so I'm  not shocked or disappointed.  The scale wavered back up a tiny bit this morning which was annoying but I probably shouldn't weigh myself so many times a day anyway.

New Glasses
Two weeks from today we will be heading to TN to have Thanksgiving with my dad! We have done most of our food shopping already and planned how we will pack the car. Vic has mapquested the route and now we are just waiting. Dad starts Chemo again today and will most likey have chemo the day we arrive (it's back to once a week for a while). I hope that it won't wear him down ...have I mentioned lately how much cancer sucks?

1 comment:

  1. I still don't attempt steak...always been scared.

    I live in Tn!!! Hope you have a great time with your dad!

    ReplyDelete