Monday, October 1, 2012

Pre Surgery

Today starts my two week pre op diet. I began researching getting the lap band back in July. I had to go to two weeks of nutrition classes, two sessions with the shrink, three months of visits to my regular doctor where he could document that we talked about my died and weight loss goals and that brings me to now! :)

Today I go in for a barium swallow at the hospital to make sure everything looks ok for surgery. Then blood work, another visit with the nutritionist, a pre op appointment at the hospital a few days before surgery and I"m ready to go.

Vic and I went grocery shopping yesterday and got all the food that I'll be allowed to eat this next two weeks. It's mainly a liquid diet but I am allowed high protein low carb type foods also so we got some of those. I've ordered quite a few protein shakes from unjury because they were my favorite. I was given some samples of a brand called Chike but I couldn't get over the fact that it reminded me a lot of my baby alives food from when i was 7...lol

I weight 234 on most days...I want to get down to 125-135. I am 5'1" and 1/2 :)
I have been getting more and more over weight for the past 6 years. I've had both hips replaced due to another condition and ever since then it's been hard to exercise and the weight has just packed on.

Here is one of my more recent pictures..My dad and I , taken Aug 2012. I was mortified when he put it on facebook.



1 comment:

  1. My friends get so upset with me because I won't let them take or post pics of me. I just don't like myself. If I were brave, I would say, This is me! Take it or leave it, but I have 50 pounds to go.. Proud of you Holly! Always love and best wishes on this journey!!

    Kimber

    ReplyDelete